CODE ENFORCEMENT DEPARTMENT
Health/Code Enforcement Officer
106 N. Bliss Ave
(806) 935-6434 or (806) 717-1254
The City Commission has adopted city codes specifically designed to address possible nuisances and to maintain a clean environment for all citizens in our community.
The Code Enforcement Department receives and investigates complaints from citizens within the city limits. The following are what the Code Enforcement Department enforces:
- High grass/weeds on properties. Grass/weeds are not to exceed 12 inches in height.
- Inoperable or abandoned vehicles on private property. Junked/dismantled vehicles that can be seen from public right of ways.
- Junk, trash, debris accumulation providing a health or fire hazard.
The Code Enforcement Department also has a Health Inspector that inspects food establishment within the City of Dumas. Some duties of the Health Department include:
- Inspect food establishments on a regular basis. Usually every three to four months.
- Receives and investigates complaints that are health related concerning food establishments.
- Environmental health inspections for foster or adoption purposes and daycare's.